Norton antivirus offers a different scope of administrations to shield your PC, Android, Mac, iOS gadgets. In the wake of having Norton setup on your gadget, you can secure your information and accreditations whether it is close to home or business. Despite such first class security benefit, the security item creates mistakes amid the run.
In most cases, users also experience their Norton Setup running the scan process for so long but end abruptly without completing the full scan. In other cases, the scan also causes you personal computer to shut down automatically even when the scanning is in progress. These errors can be fixed by executing a few troubleshooting steps.
Prior to beginning with the direction, end every running task and restart your computer. Turn on your computer and try to scan a file and see if it scans properly, if yes then attempt performing full PC scan. If you face the same problem again, refer to the instructions below and try fixing the error.
Note: Check your device and make sure there is no parallel security software installed on it even if it is an older or another version of Norton Setup. If there is any existing antivirus, go to control panel/ settings and uninstall the program.
How to fix Norton Scan Stuck or other scan issues?
Method 1: Run LiveUpdate
- Restart your computer and launch Norton Setup on the screen
- As the main Window appears, select Security and then click on LiveUpdate
- Do not interrupt the process and once the task is finished, click OK and proceed
- Click on the utility and Run LiveUpdate until a message appears- “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates.”
- Make sure that your device is connected a stable internet network with strong signal strength. If the connection breaks, it might cause other errors.
- Once done, close all the running programs, do not end a running task and restart your computer
You can now allow Norton setup your computer and run full device scan to confirm if the software is working and scan stuck. If the problem still exists, you can try out alternative trouble fix steps below.
Method 2: Install Norton Power Eraser
- Go to Norton.com/setup and browse for Norton Power Eraser
- If you don’t find the utility on the mentioned link, open an updated web browser and search for Norton Power Eraser and install the file
- Select the file and save
- Choose a temporary location to save the file as desktop
- Once the file is downloaded, click on it and run Norton Eraser
- If your device asks for permission to run the task, enter the password and allow access by admin or click yes on User Account Control
- When directed to the next page, read and Accept license agreements
- In the appeared window of Norton Power Eraser page, select Scan for Risks icon
- Norton Eraser starts a Rootkit scan and needs your system to restart; the action is a default setting
- If you do not want the Rootkit scan, go to settings and click to uncheck the option of 1. Include Rootkit scan (Requires a system restart)
- As your computer restarts, it will automatically begin to scan the whole device
- If you see any instructions displayed on the screen, follow and continue the process
Once you are done with the process above, the error will be fixed. Subscriber users may visit norton.com/setup to check their Norton setup validly. Make sure to update the product and subscription if required. You can also try norton.com/nu16 and run the file to scan your device uninterruptedly.
After visiting the www.norton.com/setup, access your account, manage your subscription, and extend your Norton protection to PC, Mac, Android and iOS .